7 Small Changes for Big-Time Fat Loss
I wish I could tell you that my Saturday Night was “wild and crazy”, but that’s probably the last thing we could call it.
The night started out great, as I met up with some friends in Bethesda, Maryland (my second favorite city in the USA), after a
seminar. But then I had to cut out early to catch a flight home.
Unfortunately, I got stuck at Dulles Airport in Washington for over 5 hours waiting to get back to Toronto.
While I sat around, desparately avoiding the Siren’s call of airport French Fries and other greasy foods, I came up with, “SEVEN
Small Changes that Lead to Big Time Fat Loss ” (see below).
I also had a chance to do some work on a new project for Men’s Health magazine, and I spent over an hour in the TT forum welcoming new members to the TT Transformation Contest .
Powerful stuff. I can’t wait to share these amazing stories of men and women from around the world overcoming huge odds to lose fat and get the bodies of their dreams.
After getting all that work done, we finally boarded the plane at 12:30am. And after yet another delay getting the luggage on board, we eventually landed back in Toronto just after 2:40am on Sunday, and I practically sprinted through customs and into the closest taxi.
On the cab ride from the airport to my place, I started looking forward to all the “little things”, such as…
– The ecstatic greeting I was going to get from Bally, my Chocolate Lab puppy dog.
– Being able to go to MY gym and do my regular workouts the next day (rather than relying on hotel gyms and hotel room workouts).
– Eating a cold, red delicious apple from my fridge, and drinking cold, clean, filtered water to wash it down (rather than a cup of lukewarm water from a hotel bathroom sink).
– Starting my Sunday morning off with my omelet, raw vegetables, and Mrs. Renfro’s salsa (delicious stuff, and perfect to spice up a restrictive fat burning diet).
– Sitting on my balcony overlooking downtown Toronto while grilling an organic, grass-fed steak from Baretta Farms for Sunday dinner.
– And just wrestling with my dog in the park…or chasing him in the off-leash section of high park…or watching him jump in the
river and sprint through the mud.
Ah yes, it is good to be back.
As I’m sure you’ll agree, its the little things in life that make us happiest. (So take a second today to appreciate some of the small things in your life that make you happy.)
And its often the little changes that give you big results in your fat loss program as well.
In fact, the over 200 men and women in the latest Turbulence Training Transformation Contest are going to discover that secret first hand in the next 12 weeks.
These are just some of the little things that will help you burn fat and change your body…
1) Switch from processed carbs to fruits and vegetables as your main source of carbohydrates.
2) Increase the intensity of your fat burning workouts by getting rid of boring cardio while adding interval training.
3) Switch from high reps to lower reps.
4) Eliminate the isolation exercises and use total-body, multi-muscle movements.
5) Remove all crunches and situps from your program and spend that time on fat burning intervals and total body exercises instead.
6) Change your workouts frequently.
7) Get social support for fat loss rather than trying to do this solo. This is the most UNDER-RATED little change you can make in your life that will help you lose more fat. Powerful stuff.
And there’s no better fat loss social support than all the positive energy you’ll find on the TT Member’s forum.
Put those little steps into place and you’ll make giant leaps in your progress, I promise.
About the Author
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and writes for Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines. His trademarked Turbulence Training fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Men’s Fitness and Maximum Fitness magazines, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45 minutes three times per week. For more information on the Turbulence Training workouts that will help you burn fat without long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment, visit www.TurbulenceTraining.com