Episode 104: Kevin’s Lost It
Get this Week’s Episode:
- Warp Speed Fat-Loss Blog
News of the week
- Hey I am trying to reach a fat loss deficit, I calculated a caloric need of 1115, to achieve optimal deficit,. i am female, moderately to very active, bike, run, lift etc. mother of 3,..hair stylist, 26,.. 154 LBS and 24.5% body fat is this too low or about right, can you address creating a coloric deficit with Leigh Peele possibley? on your podcast,. I LOVE YOUR SHOW, THANKS -Anne
- I am a 30 year old female and have been weight training for 6 years. Last year I was able to finally do 1 unassisted chin-up but since then the most I have been able to get is 2. I do band assisted reps for 3×8 or 4×6, two to three times a week as well as unassisted negatives trying to get to 30 seconds. Any ideas to increase my number of unassisted reps? I am 5 foot 2, 120 pounds. Thanks very much! -Anna
- Kevin – I really enjoy the podcast. Hope I am sending this thru the correct path.
I have a good friend, female approx 46 who is overweight approx 250 lbs. She also has many joint / arthritis issues. She recently read a book on a PH diet supposed to help with managing acid, alkaline and PH levels. The result is supposed to be weight loss and help with arthritis. I read some about it – but what is your take (or the team) on this type of diet. She is struggling thru it so far – but from what I see I am worried about her getting protein and balanced diet so she loses the weight in a healthy manner. Is this type of diet really healthy? –email@example.com
- Hey, yo from Australia!I was listening to one of your shows just now and I think Jen was talking about her article on The Basics. In there she said that if you aren’t sleeping 7-9 hours a night that essentially you’re doing yourself and injustice as far as trying to maintain a healthy, lean body.
I used to be over 190kg three years ago but am now about 95kg. I used to sleep a lot but when I am at my fittest (5d/wk weights, 4x 10k run, 2x jiu jitsu + riding to and from work) I sleep about 5 hours a night. I heard that you should sleep about 8 hours and so I tried this for two weeks by going to bed early, having chamomile tea and other sleep enhancers but I regularly would just be wasting time in bed after 5-6 hours sleep. I couldn’t actually *sleep* 8 hours.
So i was wondering if the 7-9 hours was a universal truth or like everything it varies between people? Also I was wondering if there were any ways to get an idea on whether you should be sleeping more if you are otherwise not tired, training well and so on ? Ie could you be better 🙂
Thanks guys, your show is awesome and I’ve learned a lot! -Aaron
- What kind of gear are you using on the technical side? i.e. microphones, mixers, software? I am interested in maybe starting podcasting, but don’t want to blow a lot of money. For an episode, how much time does it take to record and edit and post the episode?
Love the show. I am several podcasts behind, unfortunately.
Someday I hope to make a pilgrimage to Venice! Have you eaten at the Firehouse?