Episode 108: The Great Soy Debate
Get this Week’s Episode:
Kevin Larrabee (Twitter), Tony Gentilcore, Jonathan Fass, Leigh Peele (Twitter)
- TurbulenceTraining.com– Boost Muscle Growth and Blowtorch Bodyfat!!!
- BlackStarLabs.com (Save 10% with “FIT10″ code in comments section at checkout)
- RobertsonTrainingSystems.com – High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement
- FitCast Insider on Sale until OCT 31st!!
- Mike Boyle NEXT week
- Brad Pillion the week after
- Midweek show attempt/update
- Video is coming
- Interview with AC, CB
- Here is a quick question for the fitcast crew.
For the last 6 months, I have become addicted to the Crystal Light brand water packs.(green tea, sunrise, red tea, etc…). They are sugar free and make plain water taste quite good. Now, how much of your daily water intake would you say could be made up of these packs. I know drinking plain water is probably better but this makes me drink more.
Thanks Ashley (male)
- Kevin, I am hearing alot about the negative effects of Soy products for men. Specifically the issue of raising your estrogen levels, or lowering testosterone. I have recently added tofu, and soymilk to my diet, in an attempt to keep up the protein, avoid the lactose, and lower the fat. If you guys could throw this one around, that would be great. I love the show, and it was a great suprise after I stumbled across it on itunes. P.S. I am doing the P90X routine. I will let you know what I think. I am a diehard weight lifting guy, but I am not able to get to the gym due to kids and work, so this was a good compromise for now. Thanks again,
- I was wondering if you guys could talk about the difference between soy and whey protein. The pros and cons of each, and your preferences. Thanks -Stanley
- Hi Kevin,
I am training a friend who can not go to a gym using bands.
I am having an issue with finding a good hamstring exercises without weights. she can use her body weight or bands.
Thanks for the halp. -AK
- How is Tony going to bash Stargate when he falls asleep in Barnes & Noble reading The Lord of the Rings? I mean, seriously, fuckin’ elves, really? Fuck elves. Though FOX does show reruns of SG-1 and/or Atlantis on the weekend at like 1-3am. Maybe it was a little Freudian slip and late at night, with the windows shut, the lights off, and the door locked. Tony walks around in his underwear holding a staff yelling “Kree Jaffa!”. All while eating turkey tits. Maybe when Stargate Worlds goes live we could drag Tony away from his World of Warcraft intoxication of staring at female blood elves that are really dudes in real life and his hunt for the professor plums. Then to kill two birds with one stone we could force him to play Stargate Worlds and devote 5 minutes of every episode to talking about all the wacky adventures he is having. This would somewhat satisfy the request for Kevin to do his gaming podcast again, and ultimately bring me joy to hear Tony bitch about Stargate every episode. Or at least get him to play Call of Duty 4 and when you kill him with a P-90 scream out “You got Stargated bitch!” or “Daniel Jackson owns you!”. That’s always fun. -Josh