Episode 110: Halloween Tomfoolery
Get this Week’s Episode:
Kevin Larrabee (Twitter), Tony Gentilcore, Jonathan Fass, Leigh Peele (Twitter), and Mike Boyle
- TurbulenceTraining.com– Boost Muscle Growth and Blowtorch Bodyfat!!!
- BlackStarLabs.com (Save 10% with “FIT10″ code in Coupons section at checkout)
- RobertsonTrainingSystems.com – High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement
- Tease project…
- FitCast Insider extended until this Friday due to e-mail from Dave.
- Two voicemails
Hey Kevin,I am a big fan of the show and have been listening since episode 50. Between this podcast and T-Nation I no longer want to read any body building/health magazines anymore.I have a few info shots for you guys before I get to my question.1. Tony was talking about how people look at him wierd when he orders a 6 egg omlete. Well I lift weights and work at a restaurant that does breakfast that are about a mile away from each other. I talk to the regulars at the gym and tell them what we have on the menu and what I can do to make it better for them. So now I am getting a lot more “body builder” breakfasts in the morning. For example I made a 4 egg/ 4 egg white omlete with spinach, onions, tomatoes, and a side order of turkey links.2. Amy Jo Johnson (the pink Power Ranger) is on t.v. again. She is on a show called “Flashpoint”. It is on during the summer but you can watch the episodes on cbs.com. And yes, she still looks good.Now to my question, like I said earlier I work in a restaurant for 40 hours a week. I also walk to and from there which is about a mile round trip. I don’t get a chance to take breaks unless it is really slow so I am on my feet all day. I try to get to the gym 3 days a week if I am not too tired. Upper body workouts are fine but legs are another story. They are usually tired or sore after work. I hit them on my day(s) off, but it is usually once a week. Nutrition may be a factor. Since I can’t stop and eat during the rush I make a big smoothie, and I drink half 3 hours after I start my shift and half 3-3.5 hours later. It is usually made of whey protein, cottage cheese, low carb yogurt, nat. peanut butter and whatever fruit is cheap.I was wondering if you and the Scooby Gang have any routines/tips for people like me? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and keep going off topic. They are funny.Carl Schanz
- Hi Kevin and company,
I am a masters’ student in engineering and my tenure is coming to completion. Yet I am growing pretty damn sick of engineering and my real passion lies in fitness and nutrition. I read a lot (I have EC’s book, among others) and was wondering what can I do to get into the fitness game. At this point it is doubtful that I would get a degree in phys but what about certifications? Any ideas. Thanks -Brandon
- Hey Kevin. I am currently training to run a marathon. I want to incorporate more weight training to lose some more body fat, but I don’t want to get huge arms or anything right now since any extra weight is weight that im going to have to carry for 26 miles. What are some things I can do to focus on fat loss without weight gain. Thanks -Paul
Interview with Brad Pilon