Get this Week’s Episode:
Kevin Larrabee (Twitter), Leigh Peele,
and Dr. John Berardi
- TurbulenceTraining.com– Boost Muscle Growth and Blowtorch Bodyfat!!!
- BlackStarLabs.com The Best Tasting Casein/Whey Protein You Have Ever Tasted
- StrengthCoach.com (#1 Source for Performance Enhancing Information on the Internet)
- Guests (John Berardi, Dan John, Alan Aragon, Mike Robertson)
- Destination ABS update
- Ultimate Answer
- Off-Topic T-shirt winner is: email@example.com “talk about boobs….”
- What are the general guidelines for post workout protein and carbs? -@kc5ohg From Twitter
- I know you guys have talked about Jillian Michael’s Wii game in the past, but I was just wondering are any of these even worth buying/using as a means of actual exercise? -Kim from Toronto
- Hey Kevin and crew, love the show (especially when Jonathan just loses it lol!), I have a question about types of fat. Should I be taking both flax and fish oils? What about coconut oil? Are there different uses for each? Thanks!Stef- Colorado
- Hey Kevin, What is this PB2 stuff that you talk about on your Destination Abs blog? Is is a peanut butter substitute or something? -Tom
- This one is for Leigh- I listened to your binge eating podcast the other day and wanted to know if you could elaborate on the whole “it is OK when your body NEEDS it,” verses when you are just hungry. Keep up the great work guys, and send me a free t-shirt! – Sean
- Hi FitCast! I am 19 and going to school to get a degree in exercise science to hopefully do what you guys do when I get older. I am still 3 years out from graduating, but I was wondering what some good books would be to increase my knowledge over the summer. And off topic, can you guys talk about your childhood memories of games? I know Tony and Jon both said they played Nintendo or something as kids. – Luke
Questions for John Berardi
- Here’s a Q about G-flux…
The principles of energy balance are very intriguing to me right now. I’m struggling severely with a plateau..and I don’t know which way to go.. (No rhyme intended)
I’m hunting for answers.
I’m 40 years, 198 lbs. Stuck in the low dbl digits of BF%… I want to bust through down to 7-9 and just maintain. I’d like to stay in the 190’s weight range as it’s a good size for me.
I’ve been eating super clean for a long, long time and working my a$ off every week on a lot of heavy lifting and metabolic work.
Cals have been less than 2500 for a very long time. Mostly proteins, fats and fruits and veggies. Very few starch based carbs…occasionally grains. Refeeds once per week on a total day-off.
I thought that increasing the weekly workload would create the needed deficit and get things moving, but after about a month…no change..other than being very tired and frustrated. My kids haven’t seen me for weeks without a barbell on my back.
Are the secrets of g-flux what I’m missing here…
Old and Tired
- Where do you fall in the sweetener debate? Splenda vs Stevia, which one should I be using as an alternative to sugar? -Sarah
I’ve noticed the issue of carb cycling has popped up on the Precision Nutrition boards lately. What are your thoughts on this approach in general, an also how it compares to a ketogenic diet?Nick
Hi Kevin,Could you ask John to speak about his vegetarian experiment. Also, could you ask John for his ideas on the best way to cook beans to reduce the amount of “gas” produced during digestion.Thanks,JohnCalgary, Alberta.
Having just completed the 2nd cycle of your Lean Eating program, could you share with us what you’ve learned or have been reminded of in the process and how you’ve gone about making it better.Thanks,
- Has there been any new studies that have peaked your interest?
- Now let’s talk about the Lean Eating Coaching Program. What is it and why are you doing it?