Episode 141: It’s Not Your Session w/ Nick Tumminello
Get this Week’s Episode:
Kevin Larrabee (Twitter), Jonathan Fass,
and Nick Tumminello
- Winner of Dan John Book and T-shirt is: Kyle Snay
- Last Discussion on Censoring
- Black Star Labs Advertisement
Questions for Nick:
- Nick, you are kind of known for creating new exercises, what is your process when creating new and inventive exercises?
- Which exercise are you most proud of or which one do you use the most with your clients and why?
- We get a lot of questions about how trainers got to where they are today, what is your story?
I have a question about knee pain. What advice would you give a very active 44 year old male with the following symptoms:There is pain in one knee when decending stairs, the same pain is felt when squattingThe pain is more severe when the knee isnt warmed up.Sometimes a snapping sound is heard and felt when bending the knee – no pain.There is no pain when walking.The pain limits the intensity and duration of my workouts.I am trying to decide if I should go to my doctor to get it checked….any advice or general discussion of knee/joint health would be appreciated. (Please dont tell me I’m getting old!!)John
- Hi my name is Matt, and I am just getting involved with MMA, and practice 2 times a week. I have trained mainly for looks in the past, but now am needing something that will help my performance. I have been doing barbell complexes, intervals, metabolic lifting, and strength work. I just have no idea how to set up my workout for the week. For example I don’t know how many sessions of each I should do for the week, and I don’t know how to set up the order either. My weak areas would be arm strength and conditioning, So any help would be appreciated. -Matt
- Coaches and scope of practice (trainers vs. therapist)
- Lumbar Flexion, to flex or not to flex (also not what you think)