Episode 167: Kevin and Jon Disagree
Get this Week’s Episode:
Kevin Larrabee (Twitter) and Dr. Jonathan Fass
- Destination Abs Finale starts on Monday
- FitCast Accountability Blog Update
- T-Shirts Ready to Order. First Come First Served.
- Voicemail 978-633-3488
- Hi guys,
I am a 37 year old man that is about to get back into fitness. The only thing is that 198cm, 140kg and currently 37% body fat. Just wondering what in you opnion I should start with.
I have already started to eat better and have lost 4kg in as many weeks. Thanks -Terry
- Hi Kevin, I would like to know the pros and cons to using a 20lb weighted vest for running and endurance training. I am 5’6″ and weigh at 175lbs. wil this help me with my core training as an add-on? -Raul
- Hey guys!
I love your show i mostly listen to it throughout my spanish class in high school.
I’m a 17 year old 5’1 soccer player about 112 pounds and im wanting to train for college. I wanted to know if you had any advice on sport specific weight training and nutrition, i am young and have mostly only used the “women machines” but i would really like to do some serious weight training and aquire some strength and power.
- Hi Everyone,
Thanks for a great podcast, i have three questions so i will try and make them short.
1) What is the difference between feeling an exercise and it being painfull? ,sounds like a silly question i know but mainly in reference to low back work when doing back extensions, good mornings etc how do you tell if it is a good hurt?
2) Does it matter which order you eat post workout nutrition?,i am a cyclist and find after a 4-5hr ride i will come home and have to eat quite a lot of food, i try and drink a protein/carb shake straight away and then will eat some high G.I food and then wait 10-15mns and eat some low G.I food, is eating in any sort of order beneficial?.
3) i have noticed that when a sedentry person starts an exercise program they almost always seem to get severe pain in the outside of there shins if they start running or even walking, it seems to start almost straight away but sometimes will be ok and new shoes don’t seem to make any difference.
Thank you in advance for answering some or all of my questions. Corey (Queensland, Australia)