Episode 89: Two Years of FitCasting
EPISODE 89 HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO ERRONEOUS INFORMATION ON MY PART. I MIS-SPOKE MULTIPLE TIMES AND NEED TO FIX THIS.
- TurbulenceTraining.com– Boost Muscle Growth and Blowtorch Bodyfat!!!
- BlackStarLabs.com (Save 10% with “FIT10″ code in comments section at checkout)
- RobertsonTrainingSystems.com – High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement
- 100th Show
- Tony talking about Perform better
- Jimmy on Fitcomexpo
I listened a few weeks ago regarding your thoughts on spot reduction.
I assumed you would say that spot reduction is not possible, it seemed Jimmy felt that spot reduction was linked to localised blood flow.
Do you think there would be any effect of cold showers targeting an area e.g. the stomach for spot reduction.
- What’s up Kevin. I discovered your show last summer and I have to say it was one of the events that lead to my pivotal decision of changing careers from mental health counseling to fitness. With that said, for the past few weeks the conversion during the show has turned to music. For the most part I myself listen to hip hop and rock when I work out. However, I consider myself somewhat of a hip hop head and have some knowledge of the underground hip hop scene and have a few new and “old school” suggestions for you. All of these can be found on megaupload or other file sharing sources.
1. Army of the Pharoahs – Ritual of Battle
2. Decompoze – Decomposition
3. El-P – I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead
1. anything by EPMD
2. GZA – Liquid Swords
3. anything by Gangstarr
3. OC – My World
That’s just a few. Please share this with Jimmy and let me know what you guys think. I appreciate the work that you guys put in and the knowledge you help to spread. Keep it up the good work.
I just recently started listening to The FitCast and I love it! I’ve been spending a good amount of time on the road lately and that has given me time to go back through all of the old episodes and I’m impressed with all the guests you’ve managed to get on there! Anyway, here are a couple of ideas I came up with:
One was a Vegan Roundtable. I know there are a lot of well-known names in the fitness industry these days going veg, including Dos, Ryan Andrews of Precision Nutrition, Jason Ferruggia, and Mike Mahler and I would love to hear what they have to say regarding nutritional strategies for vegan athletes. I’m not a vegan myself but I do have friends who are and will most likely run into clients who are as well, and I think this kind of information can be very useful.
Also, I have something that you could mention in a future episode: as a member of the American Dietetics Association, I regularly get information in the mail on nutrition-related seminars. One postcard I got was for a Webinar on Sweetened Beverages and Body Weight: Review of the Science and Controversies. I looked at the back of the postcard and found that not only was this webinar sponsored by Coca-Cola, but the postcard was sent by a Registered Dietitian that works for Coca-Cola! I’m sure you guys can figure out what’s wrong with this picture.
Jimmy Smith in: Earthworm Jim (Available on Sega and SNES)