Episode 92: Welcome Back Waterbury
Listen to Episode 92 here: TheFitCast092.mp3 (Or Right Click and Save-As to download)
Kevin Larrabee, Jimmy Smith, and Chad Waterbury
- TurbulenceTraining.com– Boost Muscle Growth and Blowtorch Bodyfat!!!
- BlackStarLabs.com (Save 10% with “FIT10″ code in comments section at checkout)
- RobertsonTrainingSystems.com – High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement
Q&A with Chad
I would consider myself skinny fat and recently completed the 10/10 transformation. While I ended up losing 8 lbs of fat, I didn’t seem to put on any LBM. In fact, I’ve always had a much easier time losing fat than gaining muscle. Typically when I try to gain muscle I end up putting on fat too quickly. The end result is that I basically am never able to make appreciable muscle gains. What suggestions would you have for someone in a similar situation as myself.
Thanks for any tips you can give me
I’ve been training since last summer using the various programs from your latest book. I noticed with the exception of a few programs such as Lift Fast Get Big most of them include no tempo instructions. As a default I generally use 2/0/1 but I was wondering why you felt tempo was less of an issue in these programs? I’ve also been using your 1RM scheme to determine my loads which you’ve since dismissed but I still find useful. Is there a better alteranitve?
Thanks for the great programs which I always find interesting and challenging….the results aren’t too shabby either!
- Hi Chad My name is Matt Tuck, I am a big fan of yours, and am glad that you are on the show. My question is over fat loss. I have been trying to lose bodyfat for a while now and seem to have stopped at 12% weighing 200. I am on a low carb diet(under 70 a day) and my calories are usually around 1800-2000. I train 5hrs a week using complexes, HIIT, and swimming. Are there any recommendations for getting over that hump? Thanks. Also are you going to be doing any seminars anywhere near TN? -Matt
- What are the most common pitfalls your clients face when wanting to get bigger and those wanting to lose a lot of body fat. -Craig, New Zealand
- A lot of MMA athletes are focusing more on Endurance and power and less on strength.What do you see as the future for endurance training and MMA? -Jeff
To get in on Chad’s promotion for his, “5 Most Effective Fat-Loss Tips” e-manual, all you need to do is purchase either his Muscle Revolution book of the “10/10 Transformation” E-Book within the next 72 hours, then e-mail him through his website: ChadWaterbury.com