Episode 101: Leigh Peele
Listen to this week’s episode here: TheFitCast101.mp3 (or right click and save-as to download)
Fat-Loss expert Leigh Peele joins us to talk about refeeds, calories in splenda, her favorite PB2 recipe, and much more!
- TurbulenceTraining.com– Boost Muscle Growth and Blowtorch Bodyfat!!!
- BlackStarLabs.com (Save 10% with “FIT10″ code in comments section at checkout)
- RobertsonTrainingSystems.com – High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement
Q’s for Leigh
- Do you have any tips on how to increase or maintain NEAT while dieting? Any thoughts on pedometers? Any overall advice on how to be aware of our NEAT level in order to not drop it and lose our deficit? –Marissa
- Leigh, from you I learned the horrible news that Splenda does have calories. What about Equal and Stevia? I can’t find any information on the internet so I wanted to go to the expert. –Marty
- What is the current stays on the heart rate debate? Is RPE better? I am 38, is using the 220 minus my age still ok as far as me knowing my upper percents or do I need to know my RHR and use that other formula? -Missy
- What are your thoughts on eating a plant-based diet? In terms of health and body composition…. -Ryan
- How do you know if you need to reduce calories to lose weight? Or focus on repairing the metabolism so you can, after repaired, cut calories to lose weight? I am not gaining weight and I lose weight at the sloowww rate of 1/2 lb a month, since the beginning of the year only about 4 lbs. Some would say this is a stall. I am 5’2″ weigh about 117.Thanks, Laura
- I am still somewhat confused on how to figure out my macros in each phase of OPT. I guess reading it and re-reading it ..I am still struggling to finally just sit down and come up with that plan. Any advice and oh yeah what is your favorite thing to do with PB2 besides the cream cheese mixture. I am hoping to finally start OPT next week once school starts. I had been following New rules of lifting for women and am ready for a change. Thanks and I love your advice!