The FitCast Episode 5 with John Berardi is Up!!
Episode 5: The John Berardi Special
This show went a little long but it sure was worth it!! Also keep in mind JB’s audio was really low so I had to amplify it. I did my best to clean it up.
Download the show here: TheFitCast005.mp3 (Right Click and Save-As)
- Kevin is drinking a Strawberry Banana Shake from Gourmet Nutrition
- John Williams is drinking a Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake from Gourmet Nutrition
- John Berardi is drinking a special shake of his:
JB’s Supplement Free Super Shake
- 1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (lactose free)
- 1/4 of a Beet
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 of an Apple
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 Serving of Greens Plus
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/2 of an avocado
- The transformation of Dave Tate who was a power lifter to a healthier weight for reasons of health and injury.
- With the help of John Berardi Tate went from 296 pounds on February 20, 2006 to 272 pounds on April 23, 2006.
- Dave was a special case, as he could physically not eat clean, and if he did he would find himself vomiting and having diarrhea.
- Finding DaveÂs Sweet Spot
Greens Plus Spirulina May Boost Immune Response
- Spirulina can be bought at a supplement and found in environments including fresh water, tropical springs, saltwater and mostly in natural alkaline lakes.
- In greens + you will notice the Spirulina as Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica.
- Lowers LDL Cholestorol
- How do you guys feel about Green Tea extract as a supplement? Can someone still get the same benefits of green tea?
Roundtable With JB
- Precision Nutrition
- Canadian Olympics
- New and Upcoming JB projects
Questions for JB
- Just got the book, going to the grocery to stock up, but was wondering whether there were any vegetarian S2Bs out there, as I am trying to cut down on animal meat. Are there any viable replacements for these items in the diet?
- Many of us already feel that we eat healthy compared to the average Joe. We eat whole grains, lean meats, no regular sodas, and pop a few vitamins and fish oil caps per day. We already minimize junk foods like fries, cookies, and candy. What are some of the things we can change that would give us the biggest bang for our dietary “buck.”
John Berardi’s Websites:
Websites Mentioned about in the show: